West east sussex online guide business directory Free futa adult java chat
A comprehensive place-by-place gazetteer, listing key contemporary and historical facts. Contains details on local schools, churches, government and other institutions. The former is an object of much consequence in Sussex. The mill ponds algo raise very large quantities of fish; they are an object of sale. Fenn, of London, long rented, and was the sole monopolizer of all the fish sold in Sussex. a brace, and two inches of fat upon them, as he fed them with pease. per hundred; at 15 inches, 6l.; and at eighteen, 8 or 9l.
A comprehensive place-by-place gazetteer, listing key historical and contemporary facts. Carp is the chief stock; but tench, perch, eels, and pike are raised. The usual season for drawing the ponds, is either autumn or spring: the sale is regulated by measure, from the eye to the fork of the tail. In Burton park is a fine reach of water, yielding carp, tench, perch, pike, &c. Lord Egremont has several noble ponds for breeding, and others for fattening, one immediately under another, with streams running through them.
Provides a reference to order copies of marriage certificates from the national registrar of births, marriages and deaths – the General Register Office. Leonard, near the spring of the Adur, and the other in the forest of Worth, north of Cuckfield; and these two streams uniting not far from Cuckfield, run south by Lewes, and falling into the British Channel form a harbour, called Newhaven, about seven or eight miles south of Lewes.
An index to deaths registered throughout England & Wales. This river between Newhaven bridge and Lewes was navigable only for small barges at particular times of tide, but by widening, deepening, and some new cuts, it is now constantly navigable for boats of larger burthen, to within five miles east of Cuckfield.
A name index connected to digital images of registers recording millions of children educated in schools operated by the National Society for Promoting Religious Education. Advancing down the hills, the soil becomes of a deeper staple, and at the bottom is every where a surface of very good depth for ploughing.
Records contain a variety of information including genealogical details, education history, illnesses, exam result, fathers occupation and more. West of the river Arun, the soil above the chalk is very gravelly, intermixed with large flints.
Find My Past's index allows searches on for multiple metrics including occupation and residence. Another canal runs from the Rother near Stopham bridge to Haslingbourne bridge in the parish of Petworth.
Searchable index and original images of over 12.5 million probates and administrations granted by civil registries. The river Ouse, between Newhaven bridge and Lewes, previous to the canal act passed in 1791, was navigable only for small barges at particular times of tide; but by widening, deepening, and some new cuts, it has been made constantly navigable for boats of larger burthen.
Provides a reference to order copies of birth certificates from the national registrar of births, marriages and deaths – the General Register Office. The principal in this county are the Arun, the Adur, the Ouse, and the Rother. Leonard-s forest near Horsham, and running a few miles westward turns due south, and passing by Arundel, falls into the British Channel about three miles south of it.This vital collection details almost 1.2 million properties eligible for land tax. The first is the universal soil of the South Down Hills; the second of the Weald; the third of the north part of the county; the fourth is found on the south side of the hills; and the last lies between the rich loam on the coast, and the chalk on the hills.Records include the name of the landowner, occupier, amount assessed and sometimes the name and/or description of the property. The soil of the South Down Hills varies according to the situation.Records list name, date of birth, address, marital status, occupation and details of trade or profession. from a piece of ground called the Lower Plat, near Midhurst, through the parishes of Woolavington, Easebourn, Ambersham.The 1911 census provides details on an individual's age, residence, place of birth, relations and occupation. Selham, Lodsworth, Tillington, Burton, Duncton, Petworth, Sutton, Coates, Egdean, Fittleworth, Bury, Cold Waltham, and Stopham, to Stopham meadow, which is thence navigable to the river Arun near Stopham bridge.
Contains details on local schools, churches, government and other institutions. The Sussex Comity Lunatic Asylum, occupies an elevated position about one mile south-east from the Haywards Heath railway station, in grounds of about 245 acres; the building is in the Lombardo-Venetian style, and was opened for the reception of patients 35 July, 1859; in 1873 additions were made and continued till 1885, bringing the cost up to about £174,000: there is a chapel for the use of the officials and inmates; the number of patients in 1898 was 903. They are fished every third year, and the best reserved for the slews, but none sold.